FORUM d'asnl.net
  Le foot étranger

English Thread

Il y a 105 utilisateurs connus et inconnus. Pour voir la liste des connectés connus, cliquez ici

Mot :   Pseudo :  

Page :   1  2  3
Page Précédente
Auteur Sujet :

English Thread

n°33814
ragnar
Quy S'y Frotte S'y Pique
Profil : Amateur
Posté le 18-11-2014 à 21:49:17  profilanswer

Hey guys!

Since there´s no English thread or a proper place for non-francophone Nancéiens to speak up their minds, I decided to create this thread. Maybe this is not the best place to insert the thread but i couldn´t stick it nowhere else.

So, I´m Portuguese and I´ve lived in Nancy for 6 months and I ended up loving the city but mainly the football club.  I also support Benfica and that´s the reason for my avatar . I can speak "un petit peu" of French and I can read it, but I don´t feel comfortable writting in French, and that´s why I though about creating this thread.
If this goes against any rule or rules of the forum please tell me.

Are there any other Non-Francophone supporters out there? As for the French, please feel free to comment here as well! Just do it in English,if possible :D

Allez ASNL!

Message édité par ragnar le 19-11-2014 à 17:41:39

---------------
ASNL & SL Benfica
Portugal
n°33815
Profil sup​primé
Profil : Ballon d'or
Posté le 18-11-2014 à 22:58:16  answer

French is not allowed here!!

So, Ragnar Who are your favorites for the promotion? I would go for Nancy, Brest and Troyes.

n°33816
ragnar
Quy S'y Frotte S'y Pique
Posté le 18-11-2014 à 23:25:48  profilanswer

I´d go for Nancy, Brest and, in the beginning of the season I´d say Sochaux but their 2 home losses against Dijon and Troyes might compromise it. I think they´ve got a good squad though.

As long as the Nancyennes are able to attend Ligue 1 games in Marcel Picot next season, I´ll be more than happy :D

---------------
ASNL & SL Benfica
Portugal
n°33817
ragnar
Quy S'y Frotte S'y Pique
Posté le 18-11-2014 à 23:29:31  profilanswer

Is it possible that Mana will stay at Nancy for next season? He´s on loan, right?
I really like him.

---------------
ASNL & SL Benfica
Portugal
n°33818
guigui_de_​nancy
Fier d'être Nancéien !
Posté le 18-11-2014 à 23:47:20  profilanswer

ragnar a écrit :

Is it possible that Mana will stay at Nancy for next season? He´s on loan, right?
I really like him.

we all expect that but our president have to make a bid to Guinguamp which plays in first league...

---------------
Fier de nos couleurs rouge et blanche !
n°33819
ragnar
Quy S'y Frotte S'y Pique
Posté le 18-11-2014 à 23:51:19  profilanswer

They'll probably end up in Ligue 2, if Nancy gets promoted it would be more likely to happen, i think.

By the way, i just got Nancy promoted to Ligue 1 in Football Manager
http://gyazo.com/fab2cae01f0b7a3f60be44306d08d55c
Hope it's predicting the future :D

---------------
ASNL & SL Benfica
Portugal
n°33820
ragnar
Quy S'y Frotte S'y Pique
Posté le 18-11-2014 à 23:54:32  profilanswer

Also, do Nancy supporters, overall, like Jacques Rousselot?
I'm asking this because I'm not familiar with his job since the very beggining at Nancy, and I, for example, absolutely hate Benfica's President although it is the club i support in Portugal.

I had the chance to hear him in the stadium at the end of Nancy - Angers, the last game of the previous season and everybody seemed to love him, is that so? He seemed like a great guy, very charismatic from what I had the chance to see.

And, is it Nanceiennes or Nanciennes?

Message édité par ragnar le 19-11-2014 à 00:03:33

---------------
ASNL & SL Benfica
Portugal
n°33821
leoasnl
modérateur ( nan j'déconne:D )
Posté le 19-11-2014 à 00:34:24  profilanswer

It is mitigated, he(it) made errors, some always want it to him(her)! Of other one, as me, know that in the end(final), we are lucky of the credit note and personally, me the respect many! As everywhere, there are thankless, but I think that generally, he(it) is rather "liked"("loved" )!

Made in reverso :D

---------------
Comment résumer ou plutôt métaphoriser ma présence ici autrement qu'un rayon de soleil dans un sombre et obscure endroit ?!  
n°33822
ragnar
Quy S'y Frotte S'y Pique
Posté le 19-11-2014 à 00:45:42  profilanswer

i think I got the global idea ahah thanks leo :D
Try Google Translator though, i think it's more accurate than Reverso.

---------------
ASNL & SL Benfica
Portugal
n°33823
ncy54
Posté le 19-11-2014 à 00:59:31  profilanswer

It's looks like a bird,... but it's not a bird.

n°33824
El buitre
Profil : International
Posté le 19-11-2014 à 01:03:35  profilanswer

Bemvindo Ragnar !  

It's funny in a way as I experienced nearly the same thing : spent 6 months in Portugal (in Faro) for my studies , and  I feel myself Benfiquista , well before my stay in the Algarve !  

Going back to ASNL and the questions you raised , and especially the one about Dembélé, difficult to answer .  

Dembélé's destiny is depending on the respective results of Nancy and Guingamp  : we need to get promoted and Guingamp to go down at the end of the season to see a glimpse of hope to keep our on-loan striker.  

It's also depending on 1) transfer fee 2) Dembélé's will  .  If he is keeping on this way, you can be pretty sure that other clubs will be interested in signing him and not certain that Nancy will stay in the race for recruiting him. Time will tell.

Concerning our Chairman, I would say that he is well appreciated by a majority of the fans . These like to repeat that , without him , the club would have disappeared , which is true to some extend.  

He is passionate and invests a lot - in every meaning of the term- in the club and at times his passion leads him to make mistakes in his policy, decisions or in his communication . But I prefer describe him as the man who gave the club another dimension , with two "glorious" european campaigns in a recent past , which is , for a club like ours , just exceptionnal . He also takes pride in setting a price range accessible to a majority ( for example my season ticket costs 40 € ) plus free games ( cup ties ) for season ticket holders !  

So there must be worse Chairmen than Jacques Rousselot !  

Até prossima !  

PS : we can say  Nancéens or Nancéiens (masc) - Nancéennes - Nancéiennes (fem)  plural .

n°33825
ragnar
Quy S'y Frotte S'y Pique
Posté le 19-11-2014 à 01:40:16  profilanswer

Thanks for the detailed answers El Buitre! Hope you had a blast here in Portugal, I sure did in Nancy!

I'd like to have someone like Rousselot at chairman in Benfica, Vieira has certainly did some great things but he has and will always have obscure goals. Can't trust the guy, unfortunately. Maybe Rui Costa will take the lead after he retires.

Message édité par ragnar le 19-11-2014 à 01:46:32

---------------
ASNL & SL Benfica
Portugal
n°33826
Mister G
Posté le 19-11-2014 à 12:53:21  profilanswer

Hello Ragnar !

At first, you have to understand that l'ASNL is different from benfica under multiples points:

Nancy is a small (or average) town and l'ASNL is a average club in France, and Benfica is one of the biggest clubs of Portugal.

You won't see very big players in our club, but many players of our "formation's center". (I'm not sure of the translation)

Concerning Jacques Rousselot, he's the boss since 1995, then we can say that he loves the club !  

I think that a lot of fan's like him or estimate him, and i am one from them !    ;)  

See you later !   :hello:

---------------
Il faudrait s'efforcer d'être heureux, ne serait-ce que pour donner l'exemple. (Prévert)
n°33827
ragnar
Quy S'y Frotte S'y Pique
Posté le 19-11-2014 à 13:12:54  profilanswer

Hey Mr G!

I do understand that. When I say I'd like to see someone like Rousellot i mean someone passionated about the club, which is not the case of Vieira.
He's a compulsive liar always looking forward to put some green paper in his pocket. The things he does "well", he doesn'to do it concerning the supporters nor the club itself, he does it for himself so that he can get reelected (he always does because of the old folks that have 50 votes and can't see the harm he is doing to the club).

And you touched a very good point, the youth academy. Benfica has one of the biggest formation centers in the world but because of Vieira's deals with investment funds and whatnot we simply see our best youth players being sold and not even playing a game with Benfica's shirt( take Bernardo Silva, João Cancelo, Ivan Cavaleiro for example), which decharacterizes the club.  
Of course we are getting good results this past few years but still, i feel that they (Vieira and Jorge Jesus) are not concerned with the future of the club which really bothers me.
By the way, Jorge Jesus has to be the person I hate the most in football, what an idiot. Good manager no doubt about that, but as a person he equals 0.

Message édité par ragnar le 19-11-2014 à 18:20:17

---------------
ASNL & SL Benfica
Portugal
n°33828
Profil sup​primé
Posté le 19-11-2014 à 15:19:30  answer

Oh my god! I would have never thought that we could have an english thread on this forum. We have  
here so many people who can barely write in french that I think we will never see them on this topic. :D  

I do not think we have lots of foreign fans here but fans who live abroad. I remember we have a german guy who sometimes comes (Thomas, wo bist du?).

If we are talking about the running season and teams which could be promoted, I'd go for Nancy, Brest and Sochaux. The final ranking does not matter much to me as long as we get promoted.

Message édité par Profil supprimé le 19-11-2014 à 15:20:04
n°33829
ragnar
Quy S'y Frotte S'y Pique
Posté le 19-11-2014 à 17:54:52  profilanswer

I think that maybe people may not be able to find this thread because it is inserted in a not very busy area (Le Foot Étranger).
Do you think we'd get more people involved (even french interested in training their English abilities perhaps) if this was in other part of the forum?

But again, I'm used to a really busy forum with 5 or 6 posts per second (the Benfica one), maybe this is just the way it is here :D

As for your opinion, totally agree. As long as ASNL is in Ligue 1 I'll be happy. I'd also love to see Nancy back to European Competitions although it's unlikely. A Benfica vs ASNL would be delightful. Maybe I'll get to see it one day, who knows :D

---------------
ASNL & SL Benfica
Portugal
n°33830
El buitre
Posté le 19-11-2014 à 18:09:43  profilanswer

[
"formation's center". (I'm not sure of the translation)

football academy .

Message cité 1 fois
Message édité par El buitre le 19-11-2014 à 18:10:23
n°33831
Profil sup​primé
Posté le 19-11-2014 à 22:37:59  answer

By the way, i cant recall having seen a Portuguese player at Nancy. Anyone remembers any?

n°33832
Bobo54
PFYC : Team Nancy
Profil : Modérateur
Posté le 19-11-2014 à 23:03:35  profilanswer

Manuel Da Costa was Morrocan, French and Portuguese. :)

---------------
"Alors vous les verrez... les rivages blancs, et au-delà, la lointaine contrée verdoyante, sous un fugace lever de soleil..."
PFYC : Championnat 217 450 ; CE 309 250
n°33833
Profil sup​primé
Posté le 19-11-2014 à 23:07:24  answer

Alfonso Martins !!

n°33834
ragnar
Quy S'y Frotte S'y Pique
Posté le 19-11-2014 à 23:20:12  profilanswer

Alfonso? Isn't he spanish with a name like that? Or was it Afonso? Don't know the guy.
Manuel da Costa is from the world lol he's been everywhere he should have multiple nationalities.

By the way, is Platini deified by the Nanceiénes, like Eusebio in Benfica for example? I, personally, can't stand him as a person. Class player, though.

Message cité 2 fois
Message édité par ragnar le 19-11-2014 à 23:49:27

---------------
ASNL & SL Benfica
Portugal
n°33835
Profil sup​primé
Posté le 19-11-2014 à 23:34:19  answer

Ys it is Afonso.

n°33836
Profil sup​primé
Posté le 20-11-2014 à 10:45:06  answer

n°33837
Profil sup​primé
Posté le 20-11-2014 à 10:53:46  answer

ragnar a écrit :

By the way, is Platini deified by the Nanceiénes, like Eusebio in Benfica for example? I, personally, can't stand him as a person. Class player, though.

He was my god when I was a child but I just saw him playing once for Nancy.

As a person, I don't know him but I am sometimes astonished by some words or sentences. I definitely had problems with the things he said about brazilian social protests before the world cup.

Yet, he remains the best player we ever had.

Ironically, he wanted to play for Metz but they had determined that he was physically unable to be a professional football player. :lol:  
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lPP9xoaFSDw/TgiQUCMoDmI/AAAAAAAALXw/qhnoyi0iO6k/s1600/nancy.jpg

n°33838
Mister G
Posté le 20-11-2014 à 12:23:53  profilanswer

El buitre a écrit :

[
"formation's center". (I'm not sure of the translation)

football academy .

Je savais bien que je ne le sentais pas mon formation center !   :D merci en tout cas.

---------------
Il faudrait s'efforcer d'être heureux, ne serait-ce que pour donner l'exemple. (Prévert)
n°33839
Mister G
Posté le 20-11-2014 à 12:44:20  profilanswer

ragnar a écrit :

Just like Sven, he was my idol when i was young, especially when he played in Nancy.

I don't think that he's deified by the nancéiens like Eusebio in Benfica, he's got no statue in front of Marcel Picot !  

---------------
n°33840
skorp54
Posté le 20-11-2014 à 15:00:35  profilanswer

Because contrary to eusebio he hasn't got his best years in Nancy, but in a bigger and more reputated club

---------------
Un bon match, une bonne bière... What else?
n°33841
Guillaume5​4
Non Inultus Premor
Posté le 20-11-2014 à 17:30:59  profilanswer

Mister G a écrit :

Just like Sven, he was my idol when i was young, especially when he played in Nancy.

I don't think that he's deified by the nancéiens like Eusebio in Benfica, he's got no statue in front of Marcel Picot !  

Maybe is it a question of time ? :D

---------------
Je ne suis pas con, je fais de la rétention d'intelligence, nuance.
n°33842
Profil sup​primé
Posté le 20-11-2014 à 19:34:55  answer

Ragnar, do you know this team?  ;)  

http://www.rmhb.lu/

More infos:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_RM_Hamm_Benfica

Message édité par Profil supprimé le 20-11-2014 à 19:38:18
n°33843
ragnar
Quy S'y Frotte S'y Pique
Posté le 20-11-2014 à 20:01:14  profilanswer

Yes Sven, I do know the team. Why do you ask? :)

---------------
ASNL & SL Benfica
Portugal
n°33844
ragnar
Quy S'y Frotte S'y Pique
Posté le 20-11-2014 à 20:03:19  profilanswer

Btw, glad to see there are more and more people participating in this thread :)

---------------
ASNL & SL Benfica
Portugal
n°33845
El buitre
Posté le 20-11-2014 à 20:35:12  profilanswer

For the anecdote : I was in Portugal in 1995 , the year Martins moved from Nancy to Sporting . I had read the news in  " A bola" whereas nothing had been mentionned about this move in l'Est Republicain at that moment. So I called l'Est to give them the info and they never believed me !!

n°33846
Profil sup​primé
Posté le 20-11-2014 à 20:40:40  answer

ragnar a écrit :

Yes Sven, I do know the team. Why do you ask? :)

Didn't know it was that famous. Eusebio came several times to see them playing.  ;)

n°34421
ragnar
Quy S'y Frotte S'y Pique
Posté le 17-12-2014 à 01:44:01  profilanswer

Why are we losing so many games recently?

---------------
ASNL & SL Benfica
Portugal
n°34426
Profil sup​primé
Posté le 17-12-2014 à 22:39:26  answer

The team is too young and seems to be tired.

n°35660
ragnar
Quy S'y Frotte S'y Pique
Posté le 21-03-2015 à 14:22:34  profilanswer

Hey guys, long time no see.

Shouldn't ASNL have a youtube channel? It would make it easier for me to see the goals of the games that I can't watch live.

---------------
ASNL & SL Benfica
Portugal
n°35661
Killer de ​Bug
YNWA
Posté le 21-03-2015 à 14:36:23  profilanswer

I would make it easier for me too. Dailymotion is not good when it comes to be used on Linux systems :)

---------------
When you say I don't care about the right to privacy because I have nothing to hide, that is no difference than saying 'I don't care about freedom of speech because I have nothing to say'.
Edward Snowden

n°35665
Profil sup​primé
Posté le 21-03-2015 à 18:49:02  answer

Well, I think I'll be retired before we have one!

Still 25 years to run!

n°37192
cherchez-l​a-lumiere
Posté le 07-07-2015 à 07:28:16  profilanswer

Thanks, I couldnt find this thread, since it was kind of hidden. haha. :) Anyway, Im glad to see that there are/were more people who speak in english out here.

n°37193
Profil sup​primé
Posté le 07-07-2015 à 13:27:56  answer

Well, Ragnar is not always around... :)

Page :   1  2  3
Page Précédente

Aller à :
Ajouter une réponse
  FORUM d'asnl.net
  Le foot étranger

English Thread